Güneş AltunGüneş, Chris Dawson and Norrapat Shih are three attendees that attended a recent event in Singapore. Güneş AltunGüneş is a Director of Marketing, Chris Dawson is a Director of Business Development and Norrapat Shih is a Research Fellow at National University of Singapore. The event was organised by the Business Development Society of Singapore.
The first conversation is with Güneş AltunGüneş, who is a cofounder and organising member of the Business Development Society of Singapore reveals about herself and some of the background and motivations behind the Business Development Society organising an event called OTOT.
“So whatever comes in its goes back to the marketing, operations and so it’s like a circle we’re trying to build like a self-sustaining community.”
In the second conversation Chris Dawson reveals something typical of many entrepreneurs that they work with multiple organisation. In his case Bam, who he represented at the event and Nimbus Design Consultants, a company he works with run by wife.
“She’s the brains, she’s the designer, she knows where she wants the company to go.”
Third and final conversation Norrapat Shih reveals his background as a research scientist at the National University of Singapore and the route he is taking to become an entrepreneur in the field of medical science
“So basically a lot of people in my lab we catch snakes different venomous animals, ticks leeches”
This entrepreneur event like many is attended by individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences. So now without further delay let’s begin.
As well as:
- Why the business development society call the events OTOT.
- Other entrepreneur events such as connections of coffee, COC.
- Reasons for choosing Singapore.
- Organisation structure of the business development society.
- Profit or non-profit organisation.
- The reason for creating the business development society.
- Why the founder whose idea what’s to create the business development society, isn’t present.
- The reason why Chris left his native USA for Singapore.
- His role in the company and the service it provides.
- Reasons for attending the event.
- His office location in a co-working space.
- Platforms and different types of events organisers
- Commercial drug research from venomous animals in Singapore.
- Moving from research to a start-up in the pharmaceutical Industry.
- How his research could help heart-attack patients going through percutaneous coronary intervention.
- The cost of creating a new pharmaceutical drug.
- Venture capitalists fears.
- Patent ownerships and licenses
- The hope of grants from the Singapore government to create a start up.
- Taking your specialist knowledge and finding app and software developers
- The road from Thailand, Canada, a failed start-up and finally to Singapore.
- The attitude of scientists to research and commercial Products.
- How to teach yourself Chinese.
Podcast Updated 2018 01 26