Mark Kay is the CEO and Founder of MJ Creative Ventures; a company that specialises in providing mobile friendly, SEO optimised websites for Small Business owners and nonprofits.
This is a follow on from the last podcasts where we began taking a look at how small business owners could develop their websites in order to improve their business. In this episode Mark takes a look at the WordPress dashboard of my own website; asiabizstories.com, and helps me to understand better some of key features and terms that newbies should be aware of.
In this episode we look at:
- The purpose of the dashboard
- Post, Widgets and Plugins
- How a business can use a website to improve business.
- The standard options, posts
- Organising by categories and tags
- WordPress’s management of Media images, hot linking and image size
- The difference between Pages, Post and meta data
- The required basic Plugins and updating
- Free, Premium and Paid for Themes balancing features and speed
- Import security changes that should be made
- Tools selection
- Domains and sub domains to create more websites
- Basics settings to improve your websites speed
- The best option for the address bar
And finally: if you have any questions you’d like Mark to answer send them to comments and suggestion.