With little or no experience of a situation deciding the right time and what action to take can be challenging.
I ask myself some of the following questions.
- Do I have enough information.
- Have I thought about this enough.
- When is the right time to take action.
- Will I be able to overcome any negativity from the mistakes.
However waiting to perfect has its drawbacks too.
- I remain where I am.
- I don’t learn anything .
- I have peers and colleagues that are expecting, waiting and anticipating.
- I get frustrated because nothing has been produced.
The benefits of taking action no matter how shaky or problematic it is or may seem at the time are.
- I feel better.
- I get feedback.
- I can plan what to do next.
I took action and feel better, and overcame the fear.