EIA 027 WordPress to Improve Business; The Theme
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 14:10 — 15.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe to Entrepreneurs in Action Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Mark Kay is the CEO and Founder of MJ Creative Ventures; a company that specialises in providing mobile friendly, SEO optimised websites for Small Business owners and nonprofits.
This is a follow on from the previous two podcasts where we discuss how small business owners can develop their websites in order to improve their business. In this episode Mark takes a look at the WordPress theme, and helps me to understand better some of key features and terms that newbies should be aware of.
- How is a theme created
- How to select a theme
- Security issues around a theme
- The advantages and disadvantages or free verses paid for themes
- Factors to consider when selecting a theme
- How easy is it to change a theme
- HTML, CSS and coding
- As a business develops what can be done with WordPress
- How long does it take to become a developer
- The visible and hidden things that slow down a website and how they are found
- Selecting a developer to work with you on your theme, the questions to ask and what the developer should ask you
And finally: if you have any questions you’d like Mark to answer send them to comments and suggestion.