EIA 038 Connect Over Coffee to Develop Your Business
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:13 — 17.0MB) | Embed Subscribe to Entrepreneurs in Action Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:13 — 17.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe to Entrepreneurs in Action Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Gary Guwe is one of the cofounders of the Business Development Society of Singapore. In the previous podcast, EIA 037, I had conversations his fellow cofounder Gunes Altungunes, and a couple of attendees. At the time Gary Guwe was out of the country and Gunes suggested that I return at a later event and speak with Gary.
However, in this cast Gary and I don’t actually converse but we have a brief Fly-on-wall experience of the event organised by Gary and Gunes and titled Connections Over Coffee – Monthly Casual Networking, which is held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month .
Gary plays a key role by running the event in a relaxed manner, encourages entrepreneurs to give a two minute introduction of themselves and the company they represent and gives his own advice.
After Gary opens we move on to Joshua Chua (an experienced Sales Excellence Coach), Hussain Sayeed (In the third week of his startup), Arthi Ramakrishnan, (a recent arrival to Singapore from India) and finally, he ropes me in unexpectedly to present myself and the fact that I’m volunteering my services by recording the event.
- The Chinese New Year celebration
- The mission of BDS and its role in building business relationships.
- The BDS origins in 2015 and its current number of members
- The reasons behind the sharing sessions and the link to Free Publicity
- How Gary Guwe turned himself from an introverted and shy business person to a headhunted target and the co-founder of the BDS.
- What’s on offer from the BDS to SME’s
- His promise for your jump in sales
- The free 90 minute consultation with tweaks
- Back to Gary and advice for speakers to share their origin stories
- His origin story with BT and HP
- Reasons for attending the BDS meetup
- The promise of a safe pair of technology hands in his third week as an entrepreneur
- Cisco, the Cloud are not always the answer for SMEs
- Back to Gary and more advice
- An Indian Corporate Solution provider
- Skills Development in Information Technology, Telecommunication and Soft-Skills
- The company origin story
- Arthi’s time in Singapore
Back to Gary and more advice
Neville J. McKenzie
- The importance of getting your message across
- How can AsiaBizStories help you
- Self help advice with public speaking with everyone has one of these
Finally back to Gary with some love to me.